Imagine you have your important college function to attend and you wake up that morning with acne! This has to be anybody’s worst nightmare! What is acne really and why do they appear to cause misery in our lives??
Let us get to know these little monsters better so that we know how to fight them.
What is acne?
Acne appears when your hair follicles become clogged with dead skin cells and oil. This leads to blackheads, whiteheads or pimples and acne. Acne is very common among teenagers, however, it does affect people of all ages.
There are various effective acne treatments available like the best natural skin care products in India. These are also effective in treating them, yet they can be pretty persistent. Bumps and pimples do heal slowly, with acne, when one fades, others seem to crop up.
Acne, depending on its severity, can cause emotional distress and even scar the skin. It’s advised that with acne, the earlier you start the treatment, the faster it can heal. There are various options to deal with acne, for example using a natural facial kit, following a strict skin care regimen, etc, but there are ways you can prevent acne as well. This we shall be discussing later on in the blog.
Causes of acne:
- Heredity: Only severe acne can be hereditary. However, the rest of us will have acne problems at some point in our lives.
- Food: There is a reason why we are told to avoid junk and processed food like chocolate, pizza, and greasy and fried foods. They are not good for your health just as for your skin. They may not be the sole cause of acne but they do trigger skin problems acne being the most prominent one.
- Dirt: As already mentioned, blackheads are oxidized oil, not dirt and some people have more oily skin than others. Sweat does NOT cause acne. However, in the case of oily skin, there is an increased buildup of bacteria after physical activity, so it is advised that you shower. Make sure you do this in a balanced way to avoid dry and irritated skin. Buy herbal products online in India like Anherb products that cleanse your skin without making it too dry.
- Hormones: At times, you can’t blame yourself for your acne problem. Most break out cyclically. This happens due to hormonal imbalances or changes.
Cosmetics: Look for cosmetic and skin care products that are not pore-clogging or comedogenic. The ones listed as “water-based” or “oil-free” in other words non-comedogenic are better choices. The best natural skin care products in India aim at being gentle towards your skin, causing zero irritation.
Ways to prevent acne naturally:
- Wash your face twice daily with a gentle cleanser:
Instead of just using an ordinary instant fairness face wash, use a gentle cleanser that is effective on your skin. The ideal time to wash your face is to wash your face in the morning and again before you go to bed. Cleanse with warm water to open your pores such that the cleanser can clean out the clogged pores and you can clean them better. Apply a gentle facial cleanser like Anherb’s using circular motions. This will improve the blood flow in your skin plus will break apart dirt and oil stuck in your skin. Rinse it warm and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Avoid touching your face to keep your skin clean:
Your hands can have oil and dirt build-up. Thus, you must wash your hands before you touch your face if need be. Also be careful to keep other items, such as helmet straps or phones off of your face as the friction can lead to irritation. Instead, buy herbal products online in India that do the job of taking care of your skin so that you do not have to constantly touch it to make sure it’s ok.
- Avoid picking at or squeezing your blemishes:
Let that acne be! Picking and scratching them will only irritate your skin and cause scarring. Allowing it to heal on its own is the wisest thing to do instead of touching and even worse, squeezing them. It might take longer for your acne to heal but this way your skin will stay healthier.
- Take a shower as soon as you have completed a physically demanding task:
Post workout or strenuous activity, take a shower to rinse the sweat off your body. This way you’re less likely to develop acne. Besides, a cool shower after an intense physical workout will also make you feel better and your skin also stays happy and clean.
- Cut down on eating processed:
The best natural skin care products in India can heal your acne for some time but to ensure that they never come back, taking care of your eating habits is also equally important. Make your willpower the strongest when it comes to avoiding food that can be soulful but harmful to your health. Foods like white bread, chips, pastries, fries, and sugary drinks are bad for your skin and your overall health. Such processed foods contain more oil and will make your skin look greasier, causing acne to break out.
Don’t stress over your acne problem. It’s normal and almost everybody goes through the acne phase at some point in their life. The important takeaway from this blog is to take the necessary measures to avoid their occurrence or to follow the right way to get rid of acne. Anherb products that are packed with the best natural ingredients will most certainly help out not just with acne but any other skin woes that may be troubling you. Switch to using Anherb products today and see a difference in your skin!